From Project: Redcap
Metacreator is a software produced by Alter Ego Software that serves as a character creation and a mangement software for multiple gaming platforms. The company provides an Ars Magica template providing the rules (including much of the text) needed for character generation and advancement for core ArM5 and ArM4.
In addition, expansion packages are available with support for:
- True Lineages and Guardians of the Forest (as a bundle)
- The Mysteries Revised Edition and Houses of Hermes: Mystery Cults (as a bundle)
- Covenants sourcebook for the Fifth Edition
- Houses of Hermes: Societates and Lion and the Lily (as a bundle)
- Realms of Power: Magic
- Realms of Power: the Divine
It is also possible to define and create your own rulesets, accommodate house rules, insert new items such as new spells, and so on.
The ease of creating and maintaining ArM characters and covenants in Metacreator is substantial, and the program is supported by Atlas Games on its Ars Magica webpage as an excellent aid to play.
The edit history of this page before August 6, 2010 is archived at Legacy:metacreator.