More Mythic Places
From Project: Redcap
|Product Number:||Atlas adopted this product with AG1018|
|Format:||Softcover, 64 pages|
|Availability:||Out of print, PDF available|
- The Crossroads: a hermit rests on a crossroads, ready to help travelers find their way.
- The Brook-Troll: a giant troll enjoys kidnapping and playing with puny humans that wander into his regio; but all is not as it seems.
- Varina's Tomb: the tomb of an ancient maga
- Flabius's Folly: an Infernal regio, inadvertantly created by powerful Perdo expert, filled with disease spirits and demons.
- The Golden Plough: a faerie tavern hidden in a mundane one.
Subject and Contents
More Mythic places provides five short scenarios, each centered on a different supernatural location.
The following reviews were collected from the original Ars Magica FAQ site:
FAQ Rating: \*\* (16 reviews; 1 *, 9 \*\*, 4 \*\*\*, 2 \*\*\*\*)
- More nice regiones and story ideas.
- Nice little book for when the GM only has 30 minutes to prepare the next session.
- High fantasy Ars Magica pocket realities.
- Well done and clear. Ideal for long sagas, when you are in a day without inspiration, or when you want to throw a derivative in it. More useful than a ready-to-play scenario, which doesn't always fit in a saga.
- The adventures are well constructed and the areas better thought out. One silly adventure but the rest are good.
- Interesting and usable regios to put in the world. The dominion, faerie regios are especially good, while the infernal is not too good.
- Repeat of the first one, but the places aren't as useful (IMO).
- Dated, rules need to be examined and checked, good hooks for new players.
Please edit this page to add your own comments about this book.
- Official product page at Atlas Games: