Festival of the Damned
From Project: Redcap
(Redirected from FotD)
|Author(s):||Jonathan Tweet and John Nephew|
|Format:||Softcover or PDF, 104 pages|
|Availability:||Out of print; PDF available|
Festival of the Damned is a pair of previously published scenarios, updated for Ars Magica Fourth Edition.
It contains two adventures, one of which ("The Ghoul of St. Lazare") is adapted from Second Edition book Tales of the Dark Ages.
The second adventure shares its name with the book itself and is suitable to be played as a sequel to the previous adventure. It is also considerably larger than "Ghoul".
Until about 2005, the original Ars Magica FAQ site solicited reviews of Ars Magica products from the community. The online review submission form is no longer available, but please feel free to edit this page to add your own comments. A synopsis of the survey results for this book is:
FAQ Rating: \*\*\* (9 reviews; 1 *, 1 \*\*, 3 \*\*\*, 4 \*\*\*\*)
- Excellent reissue of a classic adventure.
- Two adventures revolving around a single village. Potential for a great game, also for a dull one. Demons are the main antagonist in both stories.
- Loved it. The players didn't want it to end.
- The greatest scenario I've ever GMed.
- Best. ArM. adventure. ever. Period.
- A very medieval-themed and difficult adventure.
- One of the worst adventures I've ever played. The first half is a bit over the top. The second half suffers from a lack of goals and vague clues about what's going on lead to a horrific disaster. In-your-face demons rear up late and go on an over-the-top rampage after the characters fail; requires the characters to fail for anything really interesting to happen, and by then it's too late!
- Ghoul is only OK, but Festival is terrific.