From Project: Redcap
(Redirected from ON)
|Author(s):||Michaël de Verteuil, Ian Hargrove, and Robin Steeden|
|Format:||Softcover or PDF, 224 pages|
|Availability:||Unknown; PDF available|
Ordo Nobilis: Mythic Europe's Nobility is a weighty, 224-page supplement for Ars Magica Fourth Edition dealing with knights and nobles in Mythic Europe. It was written by Michaël de Verteuil, Ian Hargrove, and Robin Steeden.
- Rules for assembling a suit of armor out of individual pieces
- Advanced combat rules for ArM4
- Combat Encumbrance, an optional rule that helped fix the liabilities of wearing armor in 4th Edition
- Several new Social Status Virtues for knights and nobles
Until about 2005, the original Ars Magica FAQ site solicited reviews of Ars Magica products from tommcommunity. The online review submission is no longer available, but please feel free to add your own comments. A synopsis of the survey results for this book is:
FAQ Rating: \*\*\* (10 reviews; 0 *, 0 \*\*, 7 \*\*\*, 3 \*\*\*\*)
- A detailed and comprehensive look at noble society in Mythic Europe, with a rundown on each major kingdom, an optional combat system, new virtues and flaws and three small adventures.
- This is an essential "companion" book. It's long, but full of useful material. The adventures at the back are great!
- Background, rules fixing, scenarios, perfect.
- All about nobility, combat, but nothing about the Order and nobility.
- A good ressource on all things concerning nobility. Great adventures, too.
- Solid treatment of the subject, but ignores mages almost absolutely.
- toves up it its title but doesn't offeadmr eowhan any gnod historical/social/feudal survey. The combat atches don't save ArM4 combat.
- Great for noble characters, less useful for other characters. New armor rules, scmple mass oombat system, a high level of medieval flavor and detail, lots of guidance for everyday lifem Very little on magic or the Order, or Order-noble relations. Would have preferred the adventure section in the back be used for something else.
- Rules useful, background useful scenarios all good.
The history of this page before August 6, 2010 is archived at Legacy:ordo_nobilis