From Project: Redcap
|Author(s):||Thomas M. Kane|
|Product Number:||WW0813 (White Wolf) / AG0813 (Atlas Games)|
|Format:||Softcover (original) or PDF (current), 112 pages|
|Availability:||Out of print; PDF available|
Black Death is an Ars Magica scenario for Third Edition.
Subject and Contents
Black Death is a fairly lengthy, 112-page scenario in which the characters confront a mysterious and deadly plague while dealing with the fate of a fallen Covenant and the rural town that exists near it. It is designed for a troupe that includes three or four Summer/Autumn Magi as well as a few Companions and/or Grogs.
The following reviews were collected from the original Ars Magica FAQ site:
FAQ Rating: *** (10 reviews; 0 *, 3 **, 5 ***, 2 ****)
- Excellent scenario.
- Neat idea for a story, could be fairly well integrated. Could stand a bit more organization. Took a couple of reads to figure out where all the major people were and how they had been related.
- Very well scripted and conceived. If all ArM adventures were this good, it would be amazingly successful.
- Interesting treatment of the Black Plauge but the appearance of that disease is somewhat anachronistic to "official" ArM time.
- A little too harsh in my opinion. I like to have fun with my players, not to make them desperate. A good capture of the harsh time of the 10th century.
- Very good story, but a little too deadly. A mistake spells death!
- This adventure just left me cold. Some nice ideas, but I would have liked it better with more interesting long-term characters.
Please edit this page to add your own comments about this book.
See the following links for more information.
- Official product page at Atlas Games:
- The Black Death: The plague in Real History (the original link is dead; current link courtesy of the Internet Archive WayBack Machine)
The history of this page before August 6, 2010 is archived at Legacy:black_death