From Project: Redcap
|Format:||Softcover or PDF, 80 pages|
|Availability:||Out of print; PDF available|
Until about 2005, the original Ars Magica FAQ site solicited reviews of Ars Magica products from the community. The online review submission form is no longer available, but please feel free to edit this page to add your own comments. A synopsis of the survey results for this book is:
FAQ Rating: \*\* (11 reviews; 5 *, 5 \*\*, 1 \*\*\*, 0 \*\*\*\*)
- Somewhere inside this incredibly bad railroad trip of an adventure is a really good story idea struggling to get out. I haven't found it yet, though.
- A powerful demon arrives in Ireland and the PCs are the only people who can stop him.
- A bad linear paint-by-numbers adventure, not quite the worst ever published for Ars Magica.
- Linear scenario, treasure is too big.
- It seemed thorough enough, but I didn't find it exciting enough to play.
- Overly linear, with a couple of severely high-fantasy concepts, but salvageable with some work. Includes adaptation notes to several other periods.
- OK. Didn't inspire.
- The appendix is thick with stats for a variety of men-at-arms, the usual "heavies" my group runs up against. I find it in my pile of books game after game after game.
- Not bad, not good, lots of cultural errors the whole basis of the plot is a little too Demonic, and a little laughable.