Heirs to Merlin
From Project: Redcap
(Redirected from HtM)
|Product Type:||Tribunal Scourcebook|
PDF, 176 pages
Out of print|
Heirs to Merlin: The Stonehenge Tribunal, is a supplement for Fourth Edition, describing the Stonehenge Tribunal. It is unusual in that, while it was written for Fourth Edition, it contains no game statistics or mechanics; instead, characters are described in general terms. Therefore it should be easy to adapt to a Fifth Edition saga. However, it is still considered a Fourth Edition book and therefore is not officially part of Fifth Edition canon.
To give a clearer idea of the contents of the book, here are the chapter titles:
- The Peasants
- The Town
- Travel, Trade, & Industry
- The Church
- The Nobility
- Law and Governance
- The Order of Hermes
- Myths and Legends
Until about 2005, the original Ars Magica FAQ site solicited reviews of Ars Magica products from the community. The online review submission form is no longer available, but please feel free to edit this page to add your own comments. A synopsis of the survey results for this book is:
FAQ Rating: \*\*\* (14 reviews; 0 *, 3 \*\*, 7 \*\*\*, 4 \*\*\*\*)
- An excellent resource for anyone running a Saga in Stonehenge. My only complaint with it is that it is a bit short on mythic detail, but other than that it is quite possibly the perfect Ars Magica supplement.
- Not bad, good flavour, details are good with lots of hooks.
- Raised the standard for Tribunal books.
- Excellent sourcebook, though it has been legitimately criticized for ducking the "power level" issue by failing to provide NPC stats.
- A solid look at England and Wales. Concentrates overly on the mundane and ecclesiastical aspects and suffers in the Mythic department. No stats or kewl new powerz.
- Nice, maybe not mythic enough.
- Sorry, but I thought the lack of stats was a cop out. I've never set a saga in England, so I didn't find it very useful.
- A very good tribunal book, although the number of magi described leaves less room than I would have liked for the SG to manoeuvre. I was particularly pleased by the absence of stats.
- Well detailed, integrates the Order into the local setting. Dodges the power issue almost completely, probably the only viable solution to the power level issue.
- Official Product Page at Atlas Games website.
The history of this page before August 6, 2010 is archived at Legacy:heirs_to_merlin