South of the Sun
From Project: Redcap
(Redirected from SotS)
|Author(s):||Thomas M. Kane|
|Format:||Softcover, 96 pages|
|Availability:||Out of print; PDF available|
South of the Sun is a sourcebook for Ars Magica Revised Edition about Mythic Africa, including the medieval legend of Prester John. The official product page has a more detailed description of this book.
Until about 2005, Project: Redcap solicited product reviews through a Web form. Now, we use the Wiki instead. Here are the comments from the former Project: Redcap site:
FAQ Rating: *** (8 reviews; 1 *, 3 **, 2 ***, 2 ****)
- A very good supplement on the Legendary Kingdom of Prester John. If the thought of African adventures intrigues you, this is a _must_ buy.
- Daliesque Ars Magica for those who want a note of strangeness in their lives. A bit outlandish for my tastes.
- Moderately interesting, but of little relevance to either Mythic Europe or to the average saga.
- Excellent fantasy stuff. Very mythic.
- Very exotic setting, I'm ready to play with a little more medieval feeling.
- In 1220, medieval thought put Prestor John in India, not Africa. It was hard for me to get over that historical error
Feel free to add your own comments below.
- Realms of Power: Magic, p. 19, "Story Seed: South of the Sun" (inset)