From Project: Redcap
The Iberian Tribunal is the regional Tribunal covering the Iberian Peninsula south of the Pyrenees: most of what is today Spain and Portugal. It is bordered on the north by the Provençal Tribunal. It is one of the border Tribunals of the Order: to the south, across the Straits of Gibraltar, lies Muslim North Africa, which is outside the Order of Hermes altogether. See the Map of Mythic Europe
Current Edition Resources
- has a three-page description of almogavars (a kind of elite Iberian mercenaries), including story seeds.
- Houses of Hermes: Societates
- has rules for Hermetic sahirs, magi descended from a tradition of jinn-summoning Moorish sorcerers.
Past Edition Resources
- Tribunals of Hermes: Iberia
- This book was written for Third Edition and fully describes the Tribunal. As of ArM5 it is no longer considered canonical but it may be of interest to some Troupes. It says there are ten covenants in the Tribunal, of which four are detailed and the other six are left to the troupe's imagination.
Past Edition Covenants
The following Saga sites are set in, or otherwise related to, the Iberian Tribunal. Feel free to add your own site to the list; please insert it in alphabetical order.
- "The Crucible of the Eternal"
- A slightly odd 5th ed game which has followed a group of Magi from the founding of a Spring Covenant on the ruins of one in Winter, to their current state, some 40+ years of game time later.
- Isla de Encanta
- These pages relate to the Isla de Encanta Saga, that is located in the Iberian Tribunal. They also contain house rules, material to download, and more!
- Light of Andorra
- Adventure! Glory! Legend and Mystery! This is the bread and butter of the magi of Andorra. But power and prosperity are but mere distractions, and the covenant has some difficult choices and challenges ahead. Play-by forum Saga run by Mark Faulkner
- Mercury Rising
- Featuring the covenant of Segobriga Secunda, where magi investigate the site of a recently vanished Winter covenant, and build a second covenant on the site of the ruins of the ancient Roman city of Segobriga.
- Prospectus Locus
- Prospectus Locus is a hundred-year old covenant set on the east coast of Iberia, in the middle of the Ebro delta. Its story truly began in 1212 when over half of the covenant was killed at Las Navas de Tolosa. A call went out for new magi and in 1213 Prospectus Locus was reborn.
- Reservo Scientia
- An Ars Magica campaign set in the Iberian kingdom of Navarre at the Covenant of Reservo Scientia. There are also notes on a previous campaign set in southern Iberia, the Covenant of Los Ermitos.
Based on material ©Copyright David Chart 1997-2000. Used with permission.